Tuesday, February 21, 2006


So ok music... For some reason I have a very hard time determining which band or type is my absolute favorite. I have a lot of favorites and I listen to a wide variety of music pertaining to which ever mood I am in. The majority of the time however, I listen to rock. Not too heavy, not too cheesy, just rock. A couple of examples would include: Breaking Benjamin, Staind, Trapt, Collective Soul, , Sublime and Iincubus. Trapt rocks for long car rides on a summer day. There is fo sho nothin like crowd surfin, or moshin to you fav rock band!! Sublime, OAR, Oasis and Collective Soul for in the boat on a Lake with a bunch of friends. This type of music is perfect for me. It's embodies the type of person that I am chill, and easy going - especially in the summer--Life is good. Utter Euphoria. Sublime is so versatile. It's perfect for people to enjoy together in lots of occasions: parties, at the bar, chillin, summer, snowboarding, and etc... I really like artists that have unusual voices. It doesn't really matter their range, I don't need a Christina Agulara. Just something different, refreshing. I don't like artist's who become a product.

I really enjoy the sound of the band Incubus. They are a rock band that is kind of alternative they use acoustic guitar and are extremely musically talented. This review rated Incubus five stars which is kick ass. I really like the title the critic chose and that is For Once Music that has Meaning... There music conveys how people are so robotic and its clique to say but they 'don't take time to smell the roses'. Also Incubus is known to take a few stabs at society, I like that not being a conformist, that rocks, literally.The lyrics are meaningful and not just a bunch of bull shit jubberish talkin about gettin ass, makin money, and smokin weed. They are simplistic but musically complex. I like the way that Brandon Boyd uses his voice as a musical instrument. I saw Incubus last year in concert and they were the absolute hands down best damn band I have ever seen live. I couldn't believe how amazingly talented they are.
Ok, now don't get me wrong I like some Rap. Rap is defiantly a mood setter for example its perfect for dance parties and goin out to a club, or just getting hyped up about something. I can't stand the type of Rap that spits lyrics pertaining only the above listed. Come on now, how superficial and lame can we be? My favorite Rapper is Kanye West. Although he is probably the cockiest mother F***** I have ever seen.

No comments: